BOX OFF THE STREETS
This program is a half year program that engages young people in boxing, fitness, nutrition and life skills with down to earth mentors and professional fighters and coaches in our community. Young men and women between the ages of 15 - 19 are invited to participate in this unique program to learn positive discipline, healthy living choices, life skills and will have the opportunity to put their skills to use in a real boxing event. Over the course of 20 weeks young people will participate in
- General Fitness with Personal Trainers; Toby O'Regan & Toni Trace
- Boxing and martial arts skills with Australian/ Queensland and Asia Pacific Champions: Mick Shaw, Kris George & Jamie Hilt.
- Cooking and Nutrition with local chefs and foodies; Tash Zierbath & Jen Shaw
- Goal Setting Skills: Kym Breeze and built into the fitness program.
- Self Care: Personal & Workplace Hygiene, Hair, Makeup, Photoshoot opportunities.
- Workplace skills: Program expectations to participate in work experience with Emerge (or other suitable opportunities), to develop workplace skills, confidence and experience.
- Community Engagement; Young people will participate in the development of a community fundraising project for youth and the wider community in a boxing event.